1 – 16 oz can Organic Chicken Broth
3 – 16 oz cans Muir Glen Organic Tomato Puree
6 – Vine Ripe Pink Brandywine Tomatoes (finely diced)*
¾ cup Sparkman’s Cream Valley Organic Butter
1 cup Whole Foods 365 Organic Heavy Cream
25 – Large Genovese Sweet Basil Leaves*
4 – Hot Baby Bell Sweet Red Peppers*
1 – Tsp Kosher Salt
1 -Tbsp Sugar
*Organically grown at Atlantis Hydroponics Atlanta.
- Turn on grill to high flame.
- Clean peppers of seeds and wash thoroughly.
- Place peppers directly on hot grill. Turn after 2 minutes per side.
- To large soup pot add chicken broth, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, salt, and sugar. Place over medium heat.
- Remove peppers from grill. They should have a nice blackened skin on the outside. Place in bowl of cold water.
- Remove skin from peppers.
- Place peppers and basil in food processor and puree them. Add 2 cups tomato puree/broth mixture and blend for 1 minute.
- Add blended mixture of basil, peppers, and tomatoes to soup pot.
- Cut butter into 4 equal pieces and melt into tomato mixture.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and small slice of pepper and serve hot.